At Fort Dearborn, we’ve been in the industry long enough to know that just about anything in your home or business can be safely transported just about anywhere. It’s true – trust us; we’ve been there. So the purpose of this post is to remind our customers – future, past and present – that anything is possible and nothing must remain where it is if you don’t want it to. Now relocating your belongings safely and efficiently… that’s another story.
It’s typically recommended that both commercial and residential moves be handled by a team of professional movers, drivers and packers. A team that, in addition to being experienced and well-trained, is also overseen by a Move Coordinator – who is there to provide direction and guidance at every juncture of the project. Regardless of the project’s size and scope, it will always go better with a pro team.
However, if this time you’re going alone, don’t forget to keep these quick tips in mind while your packing – they’re sure to save you time, money and a huge headache down the line:
- Your packed boxes shouldn’t weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Always pack your heavier items towards the bottom of the box.
- Stuff the crevasses of your boxes with socks, scarves and other small pieces of fabric.
- Ensure that all your packed boxes can close FLAT.
- Keep clothes in your dresser draws (just tape them shut).
- If you’re taking furniture apart, tape the screws, bolts and other loose items to the pieces.
For more information on proper moving techniques, don’t hesitate to give the pros at Fort Dearborn a call! Our Chicagoland movers are standing by to take your call and answer any questions you may have. Want to learn more about the moving services we offer? Great! We give free consultation and no-obligation quotes! Call or click now!
- Chicagoland moving